Now I know I’m still really new to this blogging game so it was a lovely, out of the blue surprise when the equally lovely Joski Byrne sent me a message via my new Lotales Facebook Page and said she wanted to nominate me for the Liebster Awards.
Now I’ve never heard of the Liebster Awards, so chances are, you probably haven’t either, but worry not, all is forgiven…
I thought I’d do a little detective work to find out more about The Liebster Awards but honestly, there’s not a lot out there about it, no official website of sorts (only this blog which is all a bit foreign). I did find something useful though… Big kudos to workingwell.com…. she answered a lot of my questions, you can read her post about the Liebster Awards here. (I’ve shared her advice at the bottom of the post!)
Basically the Liebster Awards are a way for bloggers to get to know one another and support new bloggers that are just starting out.
It kinda reminds me of those chain letter things you get when you’re at school…there are ‘rules’ and if you choose to accept you must follow the rules, and keep the award going. There is no prize as such but it’s a way of raising awareness of your blog and other new blogs, and as we’re all trying to get our voice heard (it’s why we blog isn’t it?!?!) I cant see the harm in taking part… it’s a nice thing so do, so consider me accepted and awarded!!
First up thank you to Joski, a beautiful feminist writer, lover of animals and an all round soppy mare (her word’s not mine) for the nomination! You can follow Joski’s blog here, I’ve only recently discovered it (proof that the award does work) and I really enjoy it so check it out too!
When you receive a nomination, if you choose to accept, this is what you need to do… Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself, Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you, Nominate other new bloggers for the Liebster Award and give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer…
Simples! So here goes!
11 Facts about Moi
- I still suck my thumb, and always will (sorry Ma)
- I like the satisfying sensation of standing on empty acorn shells
- I don’t drink Tea or Coffee or many hot drinks for that matter
- (on recommendation from Maxwell) I have been known to sulk
- I have 3 beautiful god daughters
- I am a list maker
- My blog name derives from the nickname Lo given to me by my dear friend Chloe
- I’m a middle child with 1 big and 1 little bro
- I get great pleasure out of doing nice things for other people
- I have an irrational fear of mens hairy toes
- I have big dreams
11 Questions from Joski
- Why did you start blogging? Because I take lots of photos and think lots of things and thought a designated space to share these thoughts and photos might be nice
- What is your favourite thing about yourself? That I think I’m a good person, a happy person and an optimist
- What is your least favourite thing about yourself? That I can be harsh on myself, don’t always think the nicest thoughts about myself and feel guilt about doing nothing.
- Where in the world would you most want to travel if money was no object? Where wouldn’t I want to go…. Bali, Indonesia, Morocco, India, All of Italy, Greece, Thailand, Mexico, Jamaica, Nashville….. I want to see the world!
- Who is your idol, living or dead, and why? I’m going to choose an artist idol – Audrey Kawasaki, I adore her work and when I got an instagram like from here a while ago I had a proper fan girl moment! I admire her so very much, if you don’t know her art you must check it out, talented, doesn’t quite do it justice!
- If you could choose one talent what would it be? I’d like to be able to sing, well.
- What is the last book you read and what did you think? Code Red, you can read about it here.
- What is your favourite meal? Tapas I think… Though it changes all the time… I enjoy the social side of eating so this is why tapas is a good thing
- Who is your favourite blogger? Bleubird, James’ was the first blog I ever followed and she’s probably the reason I got into blogging and documenting my life
- Where is your happy place? Laying in the sun somewhere with my head in the nook of my love.
- Where do you hope to see your blog in a year? I’d love to get to a stage where people are genuinely interested in my life and what I have to say… I look up to so many blogs and admire and respect the women I follow, it would be a huge honour of anyone ever considered my blog in the same way.
Questions for my nominations
- Why do you blog?
- What’s your favourite type of blog post?
- Which blogs do you LOVE?
- Tell me about a time when you felt really proud of yourself?
- What’s your best attribute?
- If I gave you £100 what would you spend it on?
- Describe yourself in 3 words!
- What’s your biggest dream?
- Instagram or Facebook?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
- Tell me a secret!
The Liebster Award – General Info and Rules written by Lorraine Reguly of Wording Well.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog.
2. Display the picture/award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate up to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a small following.
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post
Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)